Are your car brakes giving you a hard time? You don’t need to fret anymore; you just need Brake Repair Maidstone from the top garage!
Let’s break it down for you:
How Do Brakes Work?
When your car comes to a stop, the front brakes do most of the heavy lifting, dealing with the weight shift.A common braking system used by cars involves hydraulic fluid and pistons near the wheels. Some cars even have power brake assistance to make your job easier.
Imagine it as a team effort – brake discs, pads, callipers, lines, fluid, master cylinder, and servo all working together.
Why Are Brakes So Important?
How often do you use brakes? Many times, right? This shows their importance!
Wear and tear over the course of time leads to extended stopping distances and compromised control. And you never know how important your car’s brakes become in case of an emergency situation – so it’s better to be on the safe side, that is getting your brakes checked and repaired regularly.
Watch out for these signs if you suspect your brakes not working up to the standard and you need a Brake Repair Maidstone:
- Brake warning light
- Longer stopping distance
- Subpar handbrake
- Vehicle being pulled to a side
- A burning smell due to overheating of brakes
- Unusual sound while braking
- A sluggish acceleration
- A spongy pedal due to moisture in brake lines
- Vibrations while braking at 30+ mph
Let’s get a basic know-how
What Might Be Causing These Problems?
Brake pads grip brake discs to slow down wheels and the vehicle. They naturally wear down due to the heat generated during braking. The brake discs, gripped by brake pads, may thin over time, leading to overheating and reduced braking efficiency. You should replace discs as soon as their thickness reaches the minimum allowed, indicated on the outer disc rotor.
In addition to this, various problems that have got nothing to do with brake pads and discs can affect the braking system. Brake lines, prone to leakage when rust is unaddressed, may allow brake fluid to escape. The master cylinder, another integral part, is susceptible to malfunctions within the braking system. It’s best to get them checked from brake specialists like us!
How We Do Brake Repair Maidstone
It’s our way of repairing your car’s brakes that makes us the leading garage in Maidstone.
- Thorough inspection of brake components
- Assessment of brake pads and discs
- Measurement of pad thickness and disc wear
- Checking brake fluid levels
- Examination of brake lines and hoses
- Verification of brake calliper functionality
We then go off with recommending what your car needs – a Brake Repair Maidstone or a brake replacement, and provide our exceptional services then. In terms of mileage, your car’s brakes should last you around 50,000 miles after getting repaired from us, subject to variations depending on your car model, driving locations, passenger count, driving habits, and the quality of previously installed brake pads.
The cost of replacing brake pads depends on your car’s make, varying with pad size. For instance, a luxury sedan may require larger, pricier pads compared to a compact hatchback. Similarly, if opting for brake disc replacement, the process takes a comparable timeframe to pad replacement but incurs a higher cost due to the prices of the parts.
Some Tips For You All!
Drivers of Maidstone! You ought to replace both brake discs on the same axle simultaneously to increase the brake’s lifespan significantly. Moreover, go for regular brake checks to avoid any hassle in the long run! At the end of the day, you should always go for quality when it comes to choosing a part for your brake.
Brake Repair Vs Brake Replacement
When deciding between brake repair and brake replacement, consider the following:
- Brake Pad Thickness: If brake pads are worn close to the minimum thickness, replacement is necessary. If there’s sufficient thickness, repair (such as pad resurfacing) may suffice.
- Brake Fluid: Contaminated or old brake fluid may require replacement, while minor leaks or air in the system may necessitate repairs.
- Brake Rotors: If rotors are worn, warped, or scored, replacement may be necessary. Resurfacing can sometimes suffice if damage is minimal.
- Brake Callipers: Sticking callipers may require repair or replacement to ensure even braking and prevent premature pad wear.
- Brake Lines and Hoses: Cracked or damaged brake lines/hoses should be replaced to prevent fluid leaks and brake failure.
- Brake System Inspection: A thorough inspection of the entire brake system helps determine if repairs or replacements are needed for various components.
- Budget and Safety: Consider your budget, but prioritise safety. If any component poses a safety risk or compromises braking performance, replacement is essential.
Always consult our qualified mechanic for an accurate assessment of your brake system and recommendations for repair or replacement based on its condition and your safety requirements.
BOOK US NOW for the Best Brake Repair!
Folks! With our skilled professionals and modern equipment at Malling Brake Repair Maidstone, we have firsthand knowledge of how important effective brake repair is for your car. So you don’t really need to Google “brake repair near me” anymore!
In order to provide a Brake Repair Maidstone that exceeds your expectations, we work in many brands ranging from leading brake manufacturers to budget-friendly options – the choice is always yours!
So what’s holding you back from getting your brake related issues addressed today? Call us now to get your Brake Repair Maidstone service.
Oh wait! If you think that it’s the clutch, not the brakes, causing the nuisance, then why don’t you get your clutch replaced by us with our clutch replacement Maidstone services? Yes, we do that too in our garage!
For those of you who happen to be in Farnham, looking for a Full Service Farnham, set your sight on G Force Tyres without hesitation.
Get in touch with us today for getting your brake repair done:
Phone: 01622 663960
Address: 34 – 38 Foster St, Maidstone ME15 6NH, UK.
How much does it cost to fix brake problems?
The cost to fix brake problems can vary widely depending on the specific issue and the vehicle’s make and model. Minor repairs like pad replacement may cost around £100-£300, while more extensive repairs such as rotor replacement or calliper repair can range from £300-£800 or more.
What is the most common brake repair?
The most common brake repair is brake pad replacement. Over time, brake pads wear down due to friction, requiring replacement to maintain optimal braking performance and safety. This repair is routine and essential for ensuring proper function of the braking system and preventing damage to other components.
How long do brakes last?
The lifespan of brakes varies depending on factors such as driving habits, road conditions, and the type of brake system. On average, brake pads typically last between 30,000 to 70,000 miles (48,000 to 112,000 kilometres), while brake rotors can last around 70,000 to 100,000 miles (112,000 to 160,000 kilometres). Regular maintenance and careful driving can extend the lifespan of brakes.